let’s play a game called “how much of this homework can i do in school tomorrow”
15 Things I Learned While I Was 15
15 Things I Learned While I Was 15
1. Things change. As much as it burns, your best friend will not be the same as she was when you were 7. Your boyfriend will not follow through with the promises he made and your teacher will change things without telling you in full detail. The key is adaption. Go along with it.
2. Life moves fast. Someone who was alive and happy night not be there in 6 months. It will hurt like hell and you’ll never stop missing them, but you will survive. And don’t be afraid to lean on someone. Odds are life’s moving too quickly for them too.
3. People are not always sincere. Your girlfriend will tell you you mean the world to her and she’ll love you forever. Two months later you’ll find yourself drowning in tears and vodka when she holds the cute girl at the party. Put the bottle down and dry your eyes, she wasn’t worth your time anyways.
4. It’s not always your fault. Sometimes the situation changes for the worst. Your best friend will leave you for a boy. You’ll never talk again and that will be hard to accept, but it’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself for the inevitable.
5. It’s okay to be curious. Your best friend will kiss you and it will feel strangely right. But don’t label yourself just yet. There’s plenty if time to find out who you are and what you want.
6. There will be nights when you’re all alone. All of your friends will be at a party and not answering you. You will wonder if your best friend is kissing a boy or taking shots with your ex. They won’t miss you that night and it will cut like a blade but just remember it won’t matter in 3 years.
7. Hurting yourself won’t fix anything. There will be rough nights where all you want to do is lock yourself in the bathroom to cry. There will be tears and there will be blood. So much blood… But trust me love, put down the razor and make tea. You’re not worthy of suffering.
8. Find something and get lost in it. It may seem lame sitting in the floor reading poetry while everyone else is at a party, but believe me you’ll find out who you are through those poems. You’ll wake up feeling whole, while they’ll wake up with regret and a headache.
9. Always forgive, but never forget. Your ex will call you a whore and beg for your forgiveness the next morning. Forgive him, friends are better than enemies, but never forget what he really thinks of you.
10. Don’t let sadness win. Get out of bed, put on your favourite dress, and go outside. Depression isn’t beautiful or remarkable. Go out and make something of your life. Make your father proud.
11. Remember to eat. You will stand in front of the mirror when you should be asleep, and go over every flaw you have. But beauty isn’t measured by the gap between your thighs. Skinny isn’t always beautiful, but healthy is. Eat, your mom will thank you.
12. It’s okay to relapse. There will be nights where all you want to do is throw up your dinner and tear your skin apart. Your father will yell, your mother will cry, and your boyfriend will ignore you. But just remember one thing: it’s okay. Relapse is part of recovery.
13. It’s okay to say no. Your lover will ask for sex and a boy from school will ask for your nudes. Push them off of you, delete his number, and hold your head high. If they don’t respect you, they don’t deserve you.
14. It’s okay to love again. You will get your heart smashed to bits by the girl who meant everything to you, but that’s not the end. Put that behind you and let yourself fall for the boy from your band class.
15. Love yourself first. No one is going to save you from yourself but you. Wear what you want, dance with old people, sing at the top of your lungs, laugh for no reason, and accept yourself for who you are. Tell yourself “you are beautiful” and never believe anything different.
CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW WHEN LUKE AND ASHTON MET SOME GUYS WERE MAKING FUN OF LUKES GLASSES AND ASHTON TOLD HIM HE THOUGHT THEY WERE COOL AND NOW YEARS LATER WHEN CALUM AND MICHAEL WERE MAKING FUN OF ASHTONS GLASSES LUKE CAME TO ASHTONS DEFENSE AND SAID HE THOUGHT THEY WERE CUTE LIKE ALRIGHT
my g O D
I used to be a kid who ‘was going places’ but then I joined Tumblr
Teacher: Reading a book is better than sex.
Teacher: It’s like a 10-hour orgasm!
Girl pipes up: Yeah, and with a book I actually get to finish!
[Boys’ laughter dies off almost instantly as the girls hoot]